Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye Zune?

Got a text from Toni yesterday saying her Zune froze and that she needs to restart it but she doesn't know how. Fortunately, i have not encountered that situation yet and so, i told her that i've no idea on how to restart it. I even joked her that nagtatampo yung Zune nya since she seldom uses it.

For the unaware, Zune is Microsoft's answer to Apple's iPod.

My Zune is only 13 months old. Got it a few months after Toni got hers. Then i suddenly had this negative thought "what if...?" I got my Zune and turned it on. The last time i used it was 2 days ago and i clearly remember that the battery was still half-full. So imagine my anxiety when it started up and then froze! Waaah! Hang-time, darn it!

Texted my friend and informed her of what happened. This time, mas panic-mode nako than her. Told her that this might be a case of the Y2K bug, but that was not even real. She calmed me down and advised me to drain the battery and hopefully it will fix itself. Hopefully.

This can't be happening! Aside from my phone & pc, my Zune is my life! Have a lot of songs and pictures stored in it. Even had to delete seasons 1 & 2 of Heroes just to give way to thousands of songs and pics. It helps me get by, especially if a lot of waiting is involved and whenever i want some "alone" time. SO NO! I CAN'T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT MY ZUNE GAVE UP ON ME!

Today, January 1, 2009

"Believe it or not, may 'leap year bug' yung zune 30gb! Apparently the internal clock cannot handle leap years, specifically Dec. 31, 2008. Sabi, it will auto-resolve come January 1, siguro PST..."

That was another SMS from Toni. I went online and there it was on Yahoo's homepage!

"Leap year bug zaps Zune music players"

Microsoft asked for patience and apologized for the inconvenience and said that the problem would be resolved over the next 24 hours.

My fingers are crossed.

No comments: