Monday, August 18, 2008

Rafa: Numero Uno

To the 3-5 individuals who read my blog (and probably are my friends), my apologies for constantly blogging about tennis and Rafael Nadal. I love Rafa and the sport and the fact that Rafa currently dominates the tennis world. :P

So please allow me. :)

Today officially marks the first day the spaniard holds the number one spot in the men's tennis world. He replaces Roger Federer who held the post for 4 and a half years. As if taking over the top spot isn't enough, Rafa also won his first Olympic gold medal in Beijing. A feat Federer has been trying to achieve for the past 2 Olympics, but still had failed to do so this year. Sure FEDex won a gold in the doubles category, but I'm pretty sure he would much more prefer winning in the singles event. (cue in tawang mahadera, bwahahaha!) Oh well, we'll see in London in 4 years time.

I'm really hoping Rafa will remain at the top spot longer than Federer did. It's gonna be a lot of hardwork, something he's used to - I just hope he doesn't injure himself. If Federer or any other guy takes the number one ranking away from him, I know I'll feel bad, but he will always be at the top of my list (together with Andre Agassi :)).

Now that the Olympics fever is over, Rafa and the rest of the guys only have a week to rest. Come August 25, the US Open will start and as always, will run for a fortnight. Rafa got eliminated in the fourth round by fellow Spaniard, David Ferrer, last year. Though, it was already in the fourth, I still think he hasn't had an excellent stint in the US Open.

I wish that changes this year. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi trini...
although i don't have a fave between rafa and fed (kasi si sharapova at dementieva ang faves ko)...i really like it when those goes-up against each other....classic lagi...parang sampras and agassi...lendl and mcenroe....sobrang grabe...

one thing about rafa though is that he has an explosive backhand drop shot...yung tipong kahit drop shop sya mabilis pa rin..kakaiba yung ginagamit nyang pektus...grabe

maldita said...

hi je!

since girl ako, shempre mas gusto ko ung men's tennis hehe! pero nanonood din naman ako ng match nung mga girls.

what i really like about rafa is his determination. the way he goes after every ball. he plays every point like it's a championship point talaga. :) plus i love baseline rallies kasi. mas gusto ko yun kesa sa serve and volley type of play.