Wednesday, November 03, 2004

A very bad joke

It was almost four in the morning and our shift was about to start when the news broke out that a friend had died in a car accident. Text messages were sent out to friends confirming the bad news. Naturally, we cried when we found out. I was trying not to cry since we have not yet verified if it's true or not but I was already having goose bumps all over my body. I usually feel this if something is not right so I was not able to control my tears. I cried.

It turned out that it was just a joke. A very bad joke. It was not even funny at all.

The guy was just trying to find out if his friends would cry for him once they found out that he's gone. I don't really know if that was just it or there's a deeper explanation, but one thing's for sure --- I don't wanna buy it. I'm sorry dude but it was really uncalled-for, it was so not right. I don't really know how to describe it.

I hope and pray that you're not gonna do it anymore, or do anything of the same kind, or worst do something that would really hurt you. I am telling you right now --- a lot of people will cry, will be hurt and will feel pain once something bad happens to you. I just hope you know why.

No comments: