Thursday, September 23, 2004

Books, books, books

My friend Janice asked us to go with her to Powerbooks in Greenbelt first before going to the Big Dome to watch the UAAP Cheerdance Competition. She was going to buy a book for her friend and since I miss going to Powerbooks, I immediately said yes. OHSI, the company I worked with before I entered the Call Center world, had a partnership with Powerbooks in Pasay Road, Makati. I enjoyed the times that we had to go there to conduct Usability Testing. Whenever I'm at Megamall, I always make it a point to drop by Powerbooks and finish the two books that I've started reading. And when I'm at ATC with Leizl, I always tease her that I'd stay in Powerbooks first since she'd have her cigarette fix. But of course I wouldn't do that and she would not let me. Hehe! I just love going to Powerbooks.

I enjoy reading but I think what I like more is the feeling of being surrounded by books. It gives me a different high. I dunno but sometimes even by just looking at the cover, I'm tempted to pick the book and finish it off. But I'm not really a voracious reader. I don't read all the time. I actually have to convince myself that I don't have enough time to read. The last book I read was "To Kill A Mockingbird" and I finished it the last week of August. It was a good one and instantly became one of my faves. I prefer reading the classics but I also enjoyed the Harry Potter series. Books that have girl power theme are funny and interesting but I don't think those are the books that I'd spend money on. I'm also not into self-help books or into those chicken soup for-what-have-you. I think those are hard-sell, but it's just me. But then again, it's all good. Books will always be a good source of fun and knowledge. I'll always be interested in reading as many books as I can just as long as I have time.

Right now I haven't started on a new book yet. Any suggestion?

No comments: