Saturday, September 11, 2004

August highlights

A month of not blogging...

Busy? not really...
Nothing to write about? I guess, hehe!

First Friday of August - my friends from the office and I went to Malate and party til the wee hours of the morning. It was my first time to go out again and have fun. Have fun, I did! I danced til my feet hurt and I was out of breath. That was most welcome.

A week after, my OHSI friends and I decided to get together. It's been quite a while and we wanted to dance the night away also. We decided to go to Ortigas kahit na limited yung options since it's near my friend's house. At least hindi kami mahihirapan umuwi. Watering Hole was already packed and we really didn't like the place. Wala na rin ibang bar dun na medyo ok. I suggested that we go to 8th Day Bar in El Pueblo and they all agreed. When we got there, we all had a laugh coz the place was a big mess. The bar was nowhere to be found kasi nagiba na yung place. It's a sure sign na outdated na talaga ako sa mga gimmick places. Waah! Malate was not an option since it's kinda far from Ortigas, so we decided to go to Makati. A friend suggested that we hit Strumm's, but when we got there, the place was already SRO. Arrgh! Considering the fact that it was Friday the 13th, all the night spots in Makati were packed.

It was I/O KTV for us. There was nowhere else to go. It was our first time and we had a blast! We sang our hearts out, we couldn't care less even if we're out of tune! I don't really sing when I'm with other people coz I really suck. But since I was with friends, I sang my hearts out. It felt sooo good holding the mic and singing (or was it shouting) my blues away! Hehe!

I figured it was my only chance.

Video-okay
Most of my friends from the office can sing and almost every payday we drop by Digi's to chill out and of course, sing. But during all those times, I just lip-synched and just let 'em do the singing. I don't have the courage to go to the stage and embarrass myself. I know they're my friends and that they won't laught at me, but still it's not my cup of tea.Every now and then, I'd be up on my feet dancing - then back on my seat again. I'm always hesitant to go with them but since I'm gonna be with friends, I always end up going. And I have no regrets.

The Village
My West friends and I also watched "The Village" by M.Night Shyamalan. We wanted to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind first but since we wanted something scary or atleast something that would make our heart go jumping, we saw the former. Majority liked the movie, while I got disappointed. I'm no movie-critic, I don't even know how to write one. All I know is that I didn't like it. The plot is nothing new to me, I'm pretty sure I've seen it done before. And truth is, it's a love story first and foremost. I was expecting to get scared out of my wits, but I was not. If I wanted to see a love story, I should have watched another flick. If there's one thing though, I liked how the lead actress portrayed her role coz she was so effective.

Asking for something like the movie "The Sixth Sense" isn't too much, right?

UAAP
I'm a big fan of basketball and I know that one of these days, I'll be blogging about it.

The first time Ateneo and Lasalle met, the Ateneo won. Second round of eliminations is about to end, and this time Lasalle beat the Ateneo. Man, it sucks!

I'm not an Atenean (how I wish!), my school is not even part of the UAAP. But I am a big FAN.

No comments: