Friday, March 06, 2009

Rest in peace, Kiko

"Huwaaat?! No, hindi! Sana hindi totoo." :(

That was my initial reaction when I heard about the sad news. We were having lunch when my officemate calmly announced that Francis M passed away. We immediately checked for news in the internet, but at that time no confirmation yet. I also started receiving text messages asking if it was true. I was so anxious, because I kinda felt that heavy feeling. A few minutes after, my friend found a video of Vic Sotto making the announcement on Eat Bulaga. We all went to her station to watch it. I was teary-eyed. It's like I didn't know what hit me. I went back to my station and sulked. Was trying very hard not to cry but I couldn't help it. I cried for a bit and tried to process the thought that Kiko is already gone. But somehow, I was having a difficulty doing so.

A few months back, I wrote a post about the master rapper. This was the time when almost everybody found out about his sickness. I said in my post that I was in major disbelief to find out he had the Big C. You can just imagine how I am feeling now. I'm terribly sad. It's like I lost a person so dear to me. I'm starting to miss him already. :(

Francis Magalona was one of my idols growing up and until his last breath. I never had the chance to have my picture taken with him or have our cds signed, but I still felt a connection with him. Thank you so much for everything you've done and shared with us. You will surely be missed.

May you rest in peace, Kiko.

No comments: