Friday, April 11, 2008

American Idol and then some

I've been a fan of American Idol since Season 3 where Fantasia won as that season's idol. I was satisfied coz she was the one I was rooting for to win the contest. I didn't really care who'd win in Season 4 since my bet Nadia Turner was eliminated earlier in the show. Then in Season 5, I was really hoping Elliott Yamin would win, but unfortunately for him, he just finished third. And then last year, I've accepted the fact that Jordin Sparks had a lot more fans (or at least those who'd vote for her) than Blake Lewis, so I wasn't really disappointed with the outcome.

And now American Idol Season 7. Among the top 12, my favorites are Michael Johns, Jason Castro, Carly Smithson, Brooke White and David Cook. Aside from their looks, (the-kind-that-makes-me-want-to-stare-at-them-forever) I like these three guys coz they really make me listen and always be in anticipation of what they have in store for the viewers every week. I also love the song choices and style of MJ and David Cook since I'm more of a rock/alternative fan. I may not really like the style of Jason, but seeing and hearing him sing every week, gosh, it doesn't matter; he had me the minute he sang the first note. =) I like Carly and Brooke coz Carly can really sing (though she tries too hard to please everyone) and for Brooke, she can sing as well, but I like her more for her authentic 'good-girl' image.

So much for the long intro. :P Tonight is result's night, and since I couldn't wait, I checked out the blogsite of this girl who lives in the US, and I effing didn't believe of what I was reading from her blog. I was in utter shock to find out that Michael Johns has been voted off. He was never at the bottom 3, so it was really shocking to know that he was leaving the show for good. Upset as I was, I immediately called up at home to relay the bad news. My dad and brothers were surprised as well with the result. I just felt really, really bad. Oh well, shit happens! "Goodbye MJ, I will surely miss you mate."

----------------------------

Speaking of goodbyes, I almost said bye-bye to my Zune, digicam, cellphone, wallet and my (sister's) entire bag last Sunday, April 6. I went to the baptism of Baby Deus (Cherry's baby) in Muntinlupa since I was one of the ninangs. On my way home, the jeep I was in got hold-upped by a thin and not-so-tall teenager. Yes, a hold-up(!) and it was in broad daylight on a Sunday at that! Even though the hold-upper was alone, I, along with the other passengers (who were mostly girls and there were even kids) were scared to death since he was holding an icepick and he was attacking us with it. When he turned to me and asked for my phone, I got into panic-mode and I wasn't able to find my phone. What I was taking out from my bag and was actually 'giving' him were the other items I've mentioned. Good thing, these items have their own 'covers/cases', so he didn't know what was inside. Also, the stupid hold-upper was just determined to get my phone, so he didn't even bother to take them away from me. And since I was taking too long to find my phone, he just gave up, released my bag and got off from the jeep. I was relieved that nothing was taken away from me, but was startled to see blood in my hanky. The other passengers noticed it too. I got cut in my left ring finger and I didn't even know it. I panicked so much I didn't even feel any pain when I got cut.

At this time, I was 100 percent more scared. I was starting to feel the pain and the sight of blood was really terrifying. Then my finger got swollen and suddenly felt numb. I so desperately wanted to get off from the jeep and go to a hospital and have my finger checked. Need to get an anti-tetanus shot, this was what was running in my mind the entire time. When I got off in Sucat (East Service Road side), I saw 2 policemen (or are they just traffic aides?) and told them what happened. They wanted me to go with them (I guess, to a precinct) to file a report, but I said that I would not coz I was afraid that the hold-upper might get back at me (ok, sorry but I've seen too many police-drama on tv and film already) and told them that my main priority was to get to a hospital. In the hospital, the lady doctor was so nice and I felt that she was genuinely concerned for me. While the nurse was cleaning my finger and was prepping me up for the anti-tetanus shot, I called my dad and told him my story. All these time, I was holding back my tears and trying hard enough to be strong. But when my dad and brother got to the hospital, I wasn't able to stop the tears from falling. I cried silently while my dad was trying to make me feel better.

----------------------------

I am so paranoid with what happened to me. There are a lot of things in my mind. One of them is - is this my karma for being so maldita? I really want to believe otherwise.

No comments: