Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Missing Andre

It's already Day 10 of the US Open 2007 and my baby, este, my favorite Rafael Nadal lost to his fellow Spaniard, David Ferrer, in the fourth round. I didn't want to go to work today so I could watch his game, but I think I made the right choice. Hehehe!

Anyways, I would surely miss Rafa since this is the last Grand Slam for this year. I won't get to watch him until the Australian Open next year. But heck, it's just 4 months away and it's not that long. I can wait. =)

If there's one person that I would definitely miss in the wonderful world of tennis, it's none other than my ultimate idol, Andre Agassi. For those who do not know (hellur! from what rock have you been hinding under?!), Andre retired from tennis last year after losing in the third round of the US Open to Benjamin Becker, who before that game, was a relatively unknown, but for me, would go down in history as the player who beat Andre on the day of his retirement. For me, he made Andre's stay shorter. Andre could still have played in the fourth round had Becker not beaten him. I could have watched him play another match. But then again, I knew that he was already playing hurt at that time. As difficult as it was to accept, it was his time.

I cried and still do whenever I see his final moments in the US Open. The standing ovation, his speech, his tears - who wouldn't cry, right? I just love the guy so much and miss him like the way I miss my brothers. Aawww. =)

I wanted to end this blog by adding the video I got from YouTube, but I don't know how to convert it and the site I bumped into can't seem to do the work. So here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLrqJNdfTG4 - and I bet your ass, you're gonna cry as well. :P

No comments: