Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Singing a different tune

I never really got to blog about my last day in West...so allow me.

I came to work an hour and a half late I think. Took some calls and then spaced out most of the time. A caller wanted some favor and told him it wasn't possible, so he asked for a supe. Be my guest. Get the picture? That was one day I was really excited about going to work; coz I wouldn't be working. I couldn't care less even if I kept on hearing my name being called out since i've been on ACW for 5 minutes or so. The hell with stats. I took all my time and it felt great.

Then my friends and I went to The Providence Tower near La Salle after our shift. We sang and danced the whole day, and I mean the whole day. It was a blast.

I love you guys and I will miss you all.

---

Five entries ago, I wrote that I don't wanna work in a call center anymore and that's true. I wanted to go back to Usability testing and be good on that. But I'm really having a difficult time looking for a job. The only job I can find is, what else, Call Center Rep. Well, there are openings for IT or for programmers. But c'mon, who am I kidding? I'm not cut-out to be a programmer. All those I learned from school are --- hmm....what did I learn from school?


So, here I am, back in the call center industry.

To be honest, from the time I resigned from West upto this time, I have not sent out any applications to any company. But my friends did, and they submitted it to a call center in the same building where West is located. Yup, just a few floors below my old office. Haha! I didn't really like to show up for the interview and all. But again, here's an opportunity for me to earn moolah (which I badly need, lol!), so I went and got the job. I know I'm singing a different tune right now and I'm probably misreading the sign again (like what happened with West), but I still accepted the job. I'm not saying that I found my niche in this industry. I'm just here for the money like everybody else. Damn! it's not even that much. Oh well, shoot me for not having a clear mind.

Anyhow, tonight is actually my second day of training and it'll run for 2 weeks. After that, provided I pass the training, will be the real thing.

Call me names. Hate me for not keeping my word/promise. Who knows, I might change my mind (again). Haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked in a call center for 8 years. I hated it with a passion! I finally got out and it felt great. But it also made me feel like I've lost contact with the real world. I'm still job hunting at this point. Hoping for a less stressful job. :) Take care and good luck!