Sunday, September 21, 2008

A date with my dad

Last night, my dad and I watched the concert of Jim, Boboy & Danny, collectively known as the Apo Hiking Society or APO at the Araneta Coliseum. And man, did we have a blast!

The APO still has it. They truly are icons of the Philippine music industry.

And the songs! Classic. Timeless. Even if they made some re-arrangements to some of their songs, as a part of "re-inventing" themselves to connect to the younger generation, they still did not disappoint. The songs still had that distinct APO sound. What's also outstanding to note is their happy banter. It clearly showed that what they have is a great and genuine friendship. A bond that had lasted 39 years and still counting. Of course, it would not be APO if there'd be no social relevance. They made their social commentaries funny and witty and not so bland like the current state of politics here in the country. Oops, let me not go into that. :)

Overall, it was a great show. Jim, Boboy and Danny involved the audience and it's pretty interesting to say that the fans were also "game." The crowd was also very appreciative, judging from the way each song was received with applause before and after they sang it. No doubt, I can say that, everyone had a grand time. Proof of this was the standing ovation the APO received when the show was finally over.

Now, my dad and I can say, that we're no longer APO virgins. Right Danny? Hehe!

XS
I'm glad my dad really had a great time. He can't stop making kwento to my brothers and sister when we got home. :) Sulit yung treat ko sa kanya. Hehe!

No comments: